Wednesday, June 2

Cabinet Issues


Source: google images

Today I had a sudden urge to clean up (shocking, I know) and to mix things around a bit in my living room. This impulse was fueled by my want of a new TV unit (or sideboard, cupboard etc). I hate the look of TV cabinets and I just want a nice cupboard that hides all the DVD's, gaming controls, and other bits that live in the cabinet. Ikea have a red cabinet that might do the job (although I think I'm getting a little tired of the red and black theme my house is sporting at the moment), but I think I'm leaning towards a teak sideboard. Thoughts? The only issue is that it can't be too high for where it is at the moment. After all this careful consideration, I still have the same TV unit and all I did was move a shelf and change the red cushion to a fur one.

2 comments:

  1. go the teak side board! TImeless style and sleek...I once built a tv cabinet from an old gents robe. Unfortunately, I didn't have a hammer and had to use a platform shoe - needless to say it wasn't a terrible stable cabinet and collapsed in front of all my guests at a dinner party whilst they were admiring it's wonky charms!!! p.s We're sick of white black and red too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that story! Maybe I should persuade Ryan to get out his tools (I don't have any platforms...I usually wear flats)

    ReplyDelete