Saturday, May 8

A Single Man






Source: Google images

I saw this movie a little while ago now but I loved it so much that I really wanted to write about it! The movie is "A Single Man", starring Colin Firth and directed by designer Tom Ford. It's based on the novel of the same name by Christopher Isherwood and is set in LA in 1962. I haven't read the novel, but I've added it to my list.

The film was visually very beautiful. I loved the colours and the attention to detail... especially the pink cigarettes! In a perfect world I would own the house, the fluffy wool jumper and the Mercedes!

A girl can dream...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures great inspiration for my next hair cut I even have the glasses. also love the Single Man stuff wasnt that a fun day going shopping, movies and out for dinner. I am glad I am a Mum and can do that stuff with you.
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arna, just saw that film last night at the crazy old Port Fairy cinema... the design of it was so precise and there was an audible gasp when they showed the exterior of the house! The cars, the hair, the frocks - it was like revisiting Tom Ford's iconic Gucci collection of the mid 90s where everything suddenly became sharp and defined and elegant. Sigh. That pink mohair jumper was HOT, though not as cool as my PURPLE mohair sweater from some years ago. In my perfect world we'd all have experience that intense kind of romance (preferably in that kind of exquisite clothing!!!!) Love the blog!
    Paul V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Paul! Yes it was lovely to look at!! I'm glad you finally got to go and see it! Knew you'd love it! So sad but beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete